Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Welcome to home ownership

Having a house creates a lot more work and I love it. Each day I think "Today I am going to figure out how to get pictures on my blog". Each night I go to bed thinking, "Wow I was busy today between work, cleaning the house, working in the yard a little, etc. etc" and then I remember the blog and pictures and I feel deflated because I really need and want to get the pictures and memories from this time recorded.
i

Last Friday I went to the Relief Society retreat for our new ward. It was amazing getting to know these new women in our ward. They were all welcoming and inviting and it was great to get to know more people. I actually know a lot of people in the ward now! It is great to be making new friends. I was really concerned about that cause my kids are now in school all day. I dont have any preschoolers to be invited to or go to play groups. And then of course I work. It is from home so I appear to alwaysbe home, but much of that time I am working. Since moving here it has even been more. Having welcoming, friendly neighbors has been great. I have loved that I am not the only one having to try and make friendships. I have others offering and extending friendships and that is the best!



Yesterday was my first full day off work in 7 days. It was great to get in and work on the house. I cleaned out window wells YUCK! SPIDERS!!!! I then promptly soaked the window well in ortho home defense and continued the momentum and sprayed the whole house. Good bye spiders, I love you Ortho!



Since moving we are constantly running and busy doing something. Fixing the door bell, removing extra slats from the window blinds so they fit right...little things. Add that to the biger house to clean, me working more hours and normal house hold chores/items...we stay rather busy right now. I know it is just us settling in but man alive, we are booked solid until after Easter!


I am very happy and very grateful to be where we are. I see the blessings of the Lord in our lives and my heart bursts with joy. We still have our trials and struggle. I still miss my laptop like crazy. I had to finish this post on my work computer cause the tablet and I do not get along for blog posts. I miss my computer with its familiar keys and mouse :) I also feel like I am back in the 1950s in that we dont have a working microwave and have not had one since we moved in. Talk about CRAZY! Oh how I miss the ease and simplicity of a microwave. We are getting by, just have to work around it a bit differently! :) The microwave being fixed is on our list...our every growing and expensive list that just has to wait!


So that is life right now. I will beg and plead with Ben to please oh PLEASE upload pictures tonight so that I can post our awesome house on here!

No comments:

Post a Comment