Monday, November 1, 2010

"Crisp"

I love the word "crisp". I am not sure why but I think it is because I love how if "feels" and "looks". I love the way it makes me feel. I think it is word association. MANY MANY things I love are described as crisp.

Crisp apples are my favorite. Apple crisp is one of my favorite desserts. I don't think it is because of the word crisp being in there but it is possible. Just hearing the word apple crisp makes my mouth water.

Crisp autumn night makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I think of the warm blankets and fuzzy sweaters we put on to keep us warm on those nights. I think of the way the air feels and smells. Crisp autumn nights aren't just the temperatures...it involves the smells.

The crisp autumn leaves - once again the smell, feel, hear and of course the wonderful way they look. Smells you ask? YES!! When I hear crisp autumn leaves I can smell Halloween and Thanksgiving, Pumpkin spice, cinnamon, and cloves. My brain hears, smells, feels and envisions all this when I hear the phrase "crisp autumn leaves". I LOVE fall leaves. They are the very, very BEST! I love going for walks and seeing the color of the leaves changing magenta, pink, orange and yellow. I love hearing the leaves that have fallen rustle across the ground.

Honestly, I always wanted the Fall wedding due purely to the beautiful fall leaves. All my friends dreamed of and most even eventually married in the Spring and Summer time. Not I. I always thought of the beautiful colors and the romance of Fall. I love the way you cozy up to a fire on the cold nights while still enjoying the beauty in the warm days. I love the warmth that Fall brings. The word "crisp" brings that warmth because it is intertwined and associated with all the autumn things I love. I think it is only fitting that with my deep love for Fall, Ben and I only looked at Fall wedding dates and eventually chose November 6th as our wedding day. I LOVE my wedding pictures. Seeing the overcast sky, beautiful leaves brings back so many amazing memories from that day. I remember the crispness in the wind that day. Crisp says romance to me!

Although Crisp is so often associated with cold (i.e. the crisp wind, the crisp night air)..to me it brings warmth and unity!

No comments:

Post a Comment