Friday, February 17, 2012

So undecided

I can't make up my mind. I have a decision made, talk it over with Ben, type it here on the blog...and it changes!

Seriously, there is so much craziness right now, you just don't know what to do or believe! Next week I had traded all my work schedule to be off so I could go to NY with some co-workers. Well I cancelled the trip because of the move and figured I would just pick up hours throughout the week.

Well, the house will be closing this week so it made me start thinking. This is the ONLY time I have off work already in which I don't have to worry about trading my schedule. I could use this week and just pack up my entire house. We could move this next weekend, following my week off work, and get it all over and done with.

Yes the house wouldn't be painted and completely fixed up like I want but Ben and I can and will do that once we live there too!

It so many ways it would help UNCOMPLICATE things. Right now it is so complicated and the thought of living here, working here and having kids go to school at Brookwood and then driving out to Herriman to the house and working on it overwhelms me. An hour and a half is taken each day to get kids to and from school. Now add that we will be driving to and from Herriman after that to work on the house, that is 2 1/2 - 3 hours of my life EVERY DAY in the car just driving from one place to the next. It could be 3 1/2-4 hours if traffic was bad and I decided to drive out there on my own after taking them to school than picking them up and driving back out to the house. Not. Worth. It!

If we move in now, the walls will still have dings in them, the doors (interior bedroom doors) will still need fixed, the house won't be in perfect condition,there will be work that needs done...but we can do it! The fact that the girls will be walking to school and walking home and all the while I can work and/or work on the house is a huge blessing and bonus. The house is DEFINITELY in liveable condition, just not pristine, perfect condition.

I have decided...I can live with that. I can live with when people walk through while helping us move in that there are things that need done. I am ok with it not being perfect right now but over the next few days, weeks, months and years getting it there.

I am ready to move. I am ready for this drawn out process to be over.

Moving day is back to the 25th :)

No comments:

Post a Comment