Tuesday, August 23, 2011

School Empty Nester!

Today Lyse started 1st grade!

How did my baby get so old? She had her backpack, her lunch pail and she was all big walking away to her first grade doors. Oh how I hope she does great!!

Time goes by too fast! When I got home, habit took over and I thought, "Now I have to leave to get Lyse..." then I stopped myself and realized that I just have to go get Lyse and Katy at 3:30 this afternoon.

What?!? Seriously?!? I have a full day of no kids and it makes me want to cry! I did pick up some hours for work but that just isn't the same. The fact that I don't have any little ones to watch and care for just boggles my mind! I am going to miss my buddy. Lyse has been my side kick for the last 6 years. The last 3 she has had time with me while Katy has been off to school all day. Now they are both gone all day.

Lyse is going to have a good year. I know she has the potential and desire to be the best and I know she will be her best! I just hope she makes it through today good. I pray that all goes well at school and my little girl comes home happy and confident in her new school year!!

1 comment:

  1. It's hard to believe Preston and Lyse are the old, isn't it? This full day of school is for the birds! I hope she has a great year!

    ReplyDelete