Thursday, May 17, 2012

Lawn Ornaments

One thing I am loving about our neighborhood is our lawn ornaments.

They look like this:





Ok 2 of the scooters were at the park which is 4 houses down, but the other 2 are in my backyard.  We have a couple in the front yard as well but I had ZERO desire to walk in front and take more pictures.

I am loving that there are kids everywhere.  My kids go outside and suddenly I see them on a foreign bike or scooter.  I ask where they got it, they reply, "It's Emry's" or "It's Gracie's" or some other name and continue on.  A few minutes later, I see another little neighbor girl riding past on one of the girls scooters.  The swap, trade and play.  Some forget to bring them home at the end of the day so we gain "lawn ornaments".  Other days, they remember and my girls forget and our girls scooters become the lawn ornaments for someone else.

I love that the kids are everywhere out there and that they LOVE it.  I love that there are friends to play with for my girls.  I love that the TV is not the instant "go to" for entertainment anymore.  Now there are friends outside and the girls like to go and play with them.

We truly are where we are supposed to be right now.  I love our area.  I love our home.  I love that my children will get to experience "Summer" this year for the first time in our OWN BACK YARD!  YAY!  I can't express my love and gratitude for that!

Now if I could only figure out how to get my grass back to being GREEN and the morning glory to DIE!  UGH I hate that stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment