Monday, May 28, 2012

Days never go as planned!

The day started out pretty calm.  We had a couple errands to run and that was it.

It all changed and went down hill FAST from there.  I took Katy over to my parents for her to ride with them to Duschene to put flowers on my grandma and grandpas' graves.  When I got home and went to pull back in the driveway - oil and LOTS of it was in the exact place my car had been parked.  You could see a trail of oil following where I had pulled out to take Katy to my parents.

GREAT!

All plans of errands went on hold when I got out and confirmed what my stomach and heart were telling me.  The oil filter sensor had given out completely and it was leaking oil EVERYwhere.  UGH!

I called Ben out and he sadly agreed we would just have to bite the bullet and go get the stuff to fix the car.  We loaded up in the truck and drove down to the local O'reillys.  $100 later we had the parts and supplies and headed back home.

A couple hours later, a long walk to get some exercise and parts, some rain storms and miscellaneous other stuff later...the car was fixed.  No more leaking oil.

A couple hours?  Why yes.  That couple hours was due to us trying to pull the trailblazer into the garage to work while a huge spring rain storm came in.  We couldn't get the trailblazer to drive up on the ramps (afterwards we realized it was because it is rear-wheel drive unless we put it in fou wheel...I needed to change the 4x4 settings to get it on the ramps).  Anyway, it was cold and raining and no way we could get it to work so the trailblazer stayed out on the driveway, we closed the hood and garage door and that was the end of working on that for about 2 1/2 hours.  I went in the house, did the dishes and worked inside some.  I also got the help I needed to get the closet downstairs working (yes I did part of the work...I just needed help with some because some of it was a 2 man/woman job)!

We finally got the part fixed after a 4 mile walk; HOWEVER, the battery to the trailblazer was DEAD!  Completely DEAD!  Oh the joys!  We know the battery is not good.  We have just hoped to get by a little longer.  We don't have money to replace it (we didn't have money to buy these NECESSARY replacement parts).  After about 5 minutes of it being hooked up to the truck, we got the trailblazer running.  Still no leak.  YAY!  Ben did an awesome job fixing it!

I pulled the trailblazer out of the driveway long enough to repark the truck and I turned it off!  DOH!  Well we got to hook the truck and trailblazer back up and waste gas for another 5 or so minutes while we jumped it again.

I got out of the car, moved the truck back in the driveway and well, the trailblazers doors locked.  The keys were locked in the car (I am claiming no fault of my own).  Oh the joys!  We left it running there on the curb for about 25 minutes...just wasting gas.  We couldn't turn it off and we were covered in dirt, grime and oil.  YAY for wasted gas :(  Here is a pictures of just some of the oil that spilled just from turning on and off the trailblazer that few times until the car was fixed!  Also that trail that leads into the garage...ya lovely!  Hello to trying some home remedies for oil removal!


We loaded up the trailblazer and got ready to head out the door to meet my sister and get Katy (this was at about 8 at night) and Ben ran into the kitchen to grab a drink.  All the cups were currently in the dishwasher so Ben opened the dishwasher door and I heard him yell, "WHY IS THE DISHWASHER FULL OF WATER?"  Oh great!  The load I had started while the car was unworkable due to the rainstorm, well it never fully ran.  The water loaded filled the dishwasher and that was the end :(  We still don't know what is wrong with it.  Tried everything up our sleeves :(  The panel won't light up.  Hand washing for the forseeable future at our house.

Yup - that was our day!

To end on a great note though - our neighbor gave us some top soil to finish filling in our front flower bed.  We still need more but at least that is a start!  We also checked on our garden that my dad helped me fill with dirt and guess what!  We have a tomato!!!

During the rain storm, I finally got Ben to help me put in the shelf and closet rod in the downstairs bedroom.  I am so grateful we have a working closet in there for more storage now!  Right now it holds my wedding dress and the girls and my blessing gowns :)  as well as some baby gifts. and then our travel luggage is underneath all that.  Once we get the bar in the other basement closet, this closet with just have all our winter coats hanging in it and the closet in the other bedroom with have the wedding gown and such!

Also - the walk I earlier mentioned.  It was GREAT.  We walked 4 miles with Lyse.  She was on her scooter.  We talked, laughed and just enjoyed time together.  I am so GRATEFUL we got that time with Lyse during all the storms (literal and not) we had today!  On a normal day like this, Lyse would have been on her own to entertain herself while we tried to figure it all out.  Instead, that walk gave us time to have one on one time with her.  Talking with just her.  Spending time with just her.  It was the best part of my day! (kinda sad I didn't take any pictures...should have)

So I guess our simple day was eventful filled but it was with all good things.  We have a producing garden, a closet that we have extra storage in, a car that is running and most importantly, Ben and I got one on one time with our Lysee Lou!




No comments:

Post a Comment