Saturday, April 2, 2011

Timeline of Trials

This last 16 months have been the HARDEST 16 months of my life. We went through Ben loosing his job and being unemployed for 11 1/2 months. I went to work for the first time since we have had children after 10 months of Ben's unemployment. Ben got a job while at the same time my health deteriorated. I had a major surgery after Ben had been at his job 2 1/2 months. I was out of work for recovery for a month. 4 days after returning to work from my medical leave of absence, I was re-hospitalized for 4 days with some serious scary stuff going on. I traded and stressed work and was back to work within a week after being released from the hospital. I interviewed for my promotion at work on the 17th of March, 12 days after getting out the hospital. I turned 31 on the 24th. I was notified I got the promotion on the 28th of March and I would be going full time. On the 30th, 2 days later, Ben lost his job.

After all this, on the 31st it was Ben's Golden Birthday - he turned 31! Wednesday after Ben got home, I made a rash, last minute decision and I packed our bags and we headed for a day trip to the beach in California (pictures will be on the next post).

I went to bed at midnight and was up at 4:30 on Thursday morning.

The weather was the PERFECT day to spend at the beach (got to be almost 90 degrees). Huntington Beach was amazing.

I soaked in lots and LOTS of Vitamin D.

We wave body surfed and jumped over waves.

We spent hours and hours at the beach, until we ran out of quarters for the meter.

We had smiles and happiness.

We celebrated the life of my sweet, dear husband. I sure do love him!!!

Our flight home was delayed and we finally pulled in back home and climbed into bed at 2:00 am on Friday morning.

We got up at 8:00 am and took the kids to school.

We had an AMAZING, LONG day in California and it couldn't have been better! Ben even thanked me a couple times for one of the best birthdays!

We are now back to life but I am sure grateful for my job and some of the great benefits that help with the stresses life gives us (especially the last 16 months).

Let's seriously hope and pray that the next 16 months have a MUCH better outlook cause we haven't had a break for a while!

I am grateful for my husband and daughters. Even in our trials, at least we have each other. I am grateful for a Savior who understand and KNOWS my pains and is standing and willing to take my pain. I am thankful for the Holy Ghost and the promptings I have been given. I am thankful for prayer. I am thankful for my Father in Heaven. I know my Heavenly Father and Savior love me and my family. We can and will make it through this...just not sure what we will have to go through in the process!! I can do this...I am strong (put on continuous repeat).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

During this stressful time...I HAVE to stay accountable for my weight...so you get to see my weight updates. Currently at 132.7

No comments:

Post a Comment