Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Back in the saddle again!

Ben got the job.

No we aren't going to be instantly rich, me quit my job as we travel the world enjoying family time. We will actually barely get by with Ben working both jobs and me working mine...but hey we will be getting by and that is the important part!!

I worry for our kids and that Ben is not going to be around as much to pick up where I was dropping due to working full time. He will be working 65-75 hour weeks plus he is back in school to finish up his degree. I work 40 hour weeks. I am going to try hard to focus on family any and all chances I get. I think Ben is going to focus on just staying awake and not falling over dead! :) I know he will focus on caring for and loving the girls once he gets home but I am also realizing I need to take on even more because he can't. I am hoping to help get the girls helping with more chores to help so neither Ben or I go into complete overload.

I am so grateful for this job. We were not making it and this will help us make it. We are blessed and honestly this is a great career move for Ben. There is a LOT of potential.

To help with all the craziness in our lives, I am trying to figure out a way to have the girls help without them loosing their childhood and having to raise themselves. The girls helping fix dinner is great...they are old enough. Just kinda stings a little that they will have to do it and I don't get to be there right along side them discussing how their day has went. This is such a tight rope balancing act. I see a lot more crock pot and casserole meals in our future. :)

I am so grateful to a Father in Heaven that is there with us all along the way, helping and showing us what we can do to help make it the best situation for all involved. Blog posts at 3:30 am probably won't help with my ability to do more; however, the laundry getting finished, kitchen cleaned and dishes done, living room put back in order...all those things will help (which is the real reason I was up until 3:30...well that and the fact that I was stressing Ben wouldn't get up in time for work then I had insomnia, etc.). I now am going to go try to sleep for a few crazy hours before I need to be up and living life again.

Even with all the craziness, the worry of how we are really going to make it work and everything else...I am grateful beyond words for this new adventure in life. I am grateful to have my little family hiking these trails of life with me. I just want to make it perfectly clear - we are THRILLED about this job. This is good. It is another adjustment and change (something we are learning to become very good at around here).

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tauni!
    Thanks so much for your comments on my blog. You certainly know where I'm coming from, and it's harder than I ever realized before I experienced it myself. I never thought of work as being such a blessing before. :) I hope things go well for you and your family! It looks like things might get better with Ben's new job!

    ReplyDelete