Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Bittersweet

I often love bittersweet things...for example chocolate. I LOVE bittersweet chocolate. It is the bees knees icing on my cake!

Life always has bittersweet moments. I seem to be having a lot of them lately.

Ben being home is VERY bittersweet. I LOVE having him home with me. I love that we get to be attached at the hip and my best friend goes everywhere with me. The downfall - he isn't working! Living without an income is not going to be able to last forever.

Elyse's birthday in about 3 weeks is bittersweet. We have had almost 5 wonderful, amazing years with that girl! She is smart, funny, witty, coy and loving. She gives the bestest hugs in the entire world and her kisses melt your heart. So far this all sweet. The bitter - my BABY is turning 5! I remember anticipating her and then holding her in her first few moments of life. 5 years FLEW by! It is bitter that time goes so fast.

Katy is growing up too fast as well. She has a monumental birthday this year as well. This summer she will turn 8 and be baptized. BAPTIZED people! How did I get old enough to have a baby that is baptized? How did she grow so big? I remember being her age...now I have a child that age! I love her love of life, her happiness that she so easily and readily shares. She is such an obedient, loving, gentle, caring child.

My children growing is VERY bittersweet!!!

I have been given so much sweetness in my life. A husband that I love and cherish. Children that I can't imagine life without. I have definitely been blessed with more sweet than bitter. As a wife and mom I am truly blessed!

Tonight we had another bittersweet moment. I know it is a blessing but I worry and am scared. For the last 3 years we have owned our Daewoo. It has always been a source of security to know we owned something full out. It was nice to know that someone couldn't come and take it away from us.

We have had to make some tough decisions since Ben lost his job. Today we sold the Daewoo. It will help financially. We need to keep a family vehicle and while the Daewoo TECHNICALLY would work as a family vehicle, it wasn't the practical choice. Getting rid of the Daewoo saves us money each month on insurance, it gives us cash now...it also takes away that security. It was a very bittersweet moment in which I wanted to cry and jump for joy at the same time.

I hope and pray it was the best decision all the way around! I know our Father in Heaven lead and guided our family in this direction and that gives me even more peace. I will miss our little zip around car!

Audrey...I hope you love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment