Sunday, December 5, 2010

Santa Claus IS coming to town afterall!!

I am always amazed at the way prayers are answered. When you are trying to do your best and doing all you can the Lord truly does send the blessings when you ask for them.

Friday I went into a bit of a panic. We were less than a month away from Christmas and not one Santa item had been purchased. It made me sick. As I looked at bills and our situation I could not see ANYWHERE that money was going to come from. That made me doubly sick! We had our kids write letters to Santa and as I read the lists and added up the price I could see that overall their list were small monetary wise (other than the laptop they both asked for a the ipod Lyse asked for). Even with the small amount, I still didn't know where on earth the money would come from.

I knelt down and prayed and begged with my Father in Heaven to send us a miracle. When I got up off my knees I felt inspired to look at the Toys R Us ad. Sure enough the Zhu Zhu pets and items for Katy and Lyse were on a 2 day sell. We also got a call and sold our Sugar Glider, Max. With the money we got from Max we were able to get a lot of Christmas...basically all of Katy's list.

We then set to work trying to get the coveted Rapunzel Tangled barbie doll. Everywhere was sold out and I was so frustrated. It then so just happens that my neighbor (who is amazing I might add) sends me a note on facebook. I want to note here: I HAD NOT MENTIONED WE NEEDED THIS DOLL TO ANYONE OR ANYWHERE (well other than to Ben). I just so happens that this amazing neighbor of mine had an extra Rapunzel doll and before she returned it she wanted to check with me.

Since offering that prayer to my Father in Heaven I was able to find money for Christmas and get almost every item on both of my kids Santa list. My prayers were truly answered. I know that Heavenly Father loves me and is watching out for me. I know he wants what is best for my family. Each time I am tempted to use the credit card or just do it and each time I back away I find a blessing (and not even just the blessing of knowing I am not going into debt for it). I see the Lord's hand leading and guiding us and as we make hard choices and decisions I am seeing Him blessing our lives.

I am grateful for my testimony of my Savior, Jesus Christ. I am grateful for this season to celebrate his life and who He was. I am grateful to my Father in Heaven for his sacrifice in sending his son. I know this is going to sound selfish but I also need to say - I am grateful for answered prayers. I know my prayers are answered and I see our Father in Heaven blessing my life daily. I am so grateful that I have been taught and have a knowledge of my Savior and Heavenly Father!

Although this season over and over I have been reminded of how NOT rich we are monetarily I have to say I am rich! I have 2 beautiful daughters whom I love more than life itself. I have a husband that I can't imagine life without. I love my little family more than I could ever express. I have extended family of moms, dads, brothers and sisters. They each help, love and care for my family. I am thankful for friends and neighbors...so many of which bless my life by something small and simple to them but huge and amazing to me. I have a knowledge of my Savior Jesus Christ and I know that He loves me. I know who my Father in Heaven is and I know that he watches out for me constantly. He is not a God that leaves us here on earth alone to wander aimlessly...He walks right next to us and helps us as much as he can as we ask him.

No comments:

Post a Comment