Friday, July 9, 2010

Camping, hiking and all over the place.

No camping this weekend dang it! Ben forgot that we have the church building cleaning this Saturday...which means our little family will be over cleaning the church building at 7:30 am. There is no way I am gonna try and go camping with that :( While I am sad, I am also grateful for the opportunity to serve the ward and the Lord in the simple act of cleaning.

We are still hiking tomorrow though. I am kinda excited for this new hike. My friend told me about this hike and her family is coming along with us for it! The round trip hike is 4 miles and your elevation levels will change over 1100 feet while hiking! I don't know if I am strong enough for this but I am sure gonna try!

The hike we are doing is called the Mary, Martha and Catherine hike. You hike to Lake Mary, then Lake Martha and then the last and highest point, Lake Catherine..then circle back down. It is near Dog Lake up Big Cottonwood Canyon. I have read a LOT about this hike and I am REALLY hoping I am prepared for it (and just as importantly that our girls are)! If we survive this one successfully then we will consider an overnight backpacking hike at the end of this summer. That hike is a total of 6 miles. We shall see!

I am so grateful that my family and I are able to experience and love these together! What a HUGE blessing my weight loss has been for my family!!! I love that I can hike these and enjoy these journeys now!

On weight loss: Today I stepped onto the wii scale to see 144. My BMI is 23. In 2 lbs I will be down to a BMI of 22. It will be 22.98 but it will be in the "perfect BMI 22 points" scale area. To achieve the perfect 22, I still have 8 lbs. I want to reach that point but honestly I don't know if I can or want to maintain it. I don't want to be overly skinny or obsessed with my weight...that is something that is really hard. I know I am struggling with my new body image and realizing that I am not fat. I am struggling with the fears of gaining back. Honestly I only want to reach the perfect BMI to reach it but in the end I would be happy at the weight I am now in the 140s. I feel content and happy here...but then there is that drive. That drive to have the "perfect" this or that is something I am going to have to face and deal with. The fear of gaining from the perfect weight. And honestly right now I have to also point out that I am a bit afraid I will just keep loosing until I am under weight. I have no appetite lately and my stomach hurts after most foods so I try and avoid eating...which leads to great weight loss, which I love but it also is a concern. I know this is all over the place...just my random ramblings...sorry!

Overall, life is good! I love my family and I am happy! What more can you ask for in life? There will always be trials...it is finding the happiness in them that is what makes life wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment