Monday, October 4, 2010

Health Updates

Today I was supposed to have an endoscopy to check out my tummy. Well yesterday for the first time in quite some time, my stomach was back to feeling just fine. I did what any normal person would do - I canceled the procedure. Why pay $150 (that I don't have I might add) when I am feeling fine? As the doctor said, later this week I may be calling them up and going in anyway but for today I am not!

I gained 2 lbs and was working on those 2 lbs when I gained about 5 1/2 pounds at the ER last Monday. Since then I have managed to only loose 2 lbs. I still have 5 1/2 pounds to loose and I am NOT happy about this. I have realized I need to be more careful of what I allow in my mouth. I have felt very bloated as of late so I am doing exercising and eating the foods to help with that as well. You don't realize how much 5 lbs makes as a difference until you FEEL those 5 lbs on you! Seriously - I feel so FAT and uncomfortable with just 5 lbs. I guess this is the beginning of "welcome to the life of maintaining and making your weight work". I now get to do this for the rest of my life!

Ben is doing AWESOME with his diet regime. He has been great about getting exercise and eating properly. He made a goal last week to loose 10 lbs this week. He has worked his BUTT off to get there. He started that goal on Friday...it is Monday and he has now lost 4.5 lbs! I totally thought that he had set WAY to lofty of a goal but I am now starting to think that he will actually make it! He deserves to make it...he has kept his caloric intake under 1400 every day and he is working out every day and burning at least 400 in each work out then once home he is finding excuses to run up the stairs or out to the storage shed. I am LOVING all the momentum and things getting done as he is trying to make his goal.

Katy and Lyse are great and wonderful as always...love those girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment