Monday, March 28, 2011

My plan

The Lord does truly love us and answer our prayers. He leads and guides us and if we are willing to follow we will end up where we want to be (even if sometimes we feel like he is guiding us in the opposite direction of our dreams).

Today I have been reminded of this once again.

I got the job promotion at work that I felt inspired to apply for! I felt VERY inspired to apply for the full time position in the schedule change department at jetBlue. I was and am concerned how on earth we will manage with me working full time. Can I really do it?!? The answer to that question I know already (even though it scares me)...YES! I was told I could and I know the Lord will be there the entire carrying me and lightening my load.

I KNOW he had lead and guided me thus far. I KNOW he loves me. I know that I am following God's plan for me. It is hard making this move but I know it's a move in the right direction. If you had asked me 2 years ago if a full time position with jetBlue was the plan and the path I should be on...I would have told you that you were crazy!! However, today, TODAY, I KNOW that this is the path that I need to be on. I do not know why.

I do know this will not be easy (working part time has been hard...full time um WOWZA).

I do know that I am really excited for the new fun department.

I do know that we are blessed and that my father in heaven truly loves me. I am growing and that is what I want in the end isn't it?

So...here's to a start on a new path in my life! I am excited and trusting in the Lord and my Father in Heaven's plan for me. I know it's the right one and I will be successful!!!

P.S. Just to add to the miracle of what a miracle it was I got this job, I need to give the stats. They recently "hired" about 50 people to be in "acting positions" for the schedule change department. If you get selected to be in the "acting position" for the department, your chances of getting hired onto the actual department when they hire is REALLY high. Almost all the people that I talked to that were in the acting position, chose to apply for the full position. They had hundreds of applications from within the company (it was an internal hire). They were only hiring the equivalent of 20 full time positions (so either 40 part time people or 20 full time people or a combination of the 2). I took 1 of the full time positions (which is like taking 2 of the part time positions) making it that only 19 other spaces were left. I KNOW it was not me that got me here! I KNOW it was my Father in Heaven's intervention and that is the reason I am moving to this department!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment