Saturday, September 18, 2010

Today has been a fun filled and different Saturday than most.

We woke up at 7:00 (that right there sets it apart) to get Ben off and gone. Ben had the great opportunity to go to the Reno Air Races/Show with his dad, brother and brother in law.

After getting Ben off for a fun weekend adventure, the girls and I went and met my family for a Happy Birthday Breakfast for Natalie. The girls had a blast showing pictures of our newest member of the family...a sugar glider.

The sugar glider joined the family on Friday night. So far he is still alive...not sure about much more than that!

After breakfast, Bret and Nat had us to go their house to get free tickets to the State Fair. It was after 11 by the time we headed back home to change for the fair. I was EXHAUSTED and decided I HAD to nap or else we would die (I was falling asleep driving).

After a restful, quick nap the girls and I headed down to the fair. We had a BLAST! The girls got to see the sea lion show; eat foot long corn dogs and slurpees; walk and see MANY animals (chickens, sheep, cows, pigs and even a HUGE alligator); ride a carnival ride (This terrified them and Katy was in TEARS through the whole Tidal Wave ride...I am not as good of a protector as Dad is I guess ); play a carnival game and actually win a stuff animal (panda bear)!!!; eat some cotton candy; HAVE A BLAST!

It truly was so much fun getting to experience the fair. I hope they enjoyed it as much as I did.

After the fair was over, we went to Jana's house for a while. Darin made some delicious fajitas and I ate some - YUM! We then went to Ben's parents for some "girl time" while the boys were off playing in Reno. It was fun.

Tonight I am exhausted!!! Seriously, I want to sleep forever. Tomorrow is the primary program. I hope and pray it all goes together smoothly!

Today I am grateful that me and my girls got the opportunity to go to the fair. It was wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment